About Global Human Rights Direct
GHRD is a place to make connections and hear from human rights experts from around the globe.
GHRD is 1) a videoconference speakers bureau, 2) a social media site, and 3) a living archive for human rights.
With GHRD you can:
- Arrange for videoconferences with human rights experts
- Connect with individuals and groups interested in similar human rights issues
- Provide your human rights testimony - in written form, audio, or video.
- Learn more about important human rights issues
- Publicize your human rights cause or organization.
- Challenge your current understandings of human rights
- Learn more about how you can contribute to stopping human rights abuses
This site will allow you to set up video conferences, email exchanges, or other communication channels with people who have first-hand knowledge and eye-witness accounts of human rights violations, legal interventions, protest efforts, recovery initiatives, and other local, national, and global actions related to human rights.
It doesn’t take more than a quick glance at news headlines to see a terrible fact: human rights are being threatened in every part of the globe. But, behind these headlines, there are groups of people working to stop human rights abuses. They are survivors, activists, scholars, translators, and policymakers from around the world who want to build connections, share their knowledge, and create solutions. Through the virtual networking and information sharing platforms of Global Human Rights Direct, they can do just that.
You can be part of this network, too. Register today to make an impact on human rights.