Ella Baker Center for Human Rights
The Ella Baker Center for Human Rights was founded in 1996 by Van Jones, Diana Frappier, and Mike McLoon with a mission of organization Black and Brown communities to work towards truth, racial justice, and equal opportunities through the process of Truth and Reinvestment.
- Address: 1970 Broadway, Suite 1125
- Postcode: 94612
- City: Oakland
- State: California
- Country: United States
- Telephone: 510.428.3939
How can you contribute to the mission of this organization?Interested in volunteering with the Ella Baker Center?
We're excited you want to organize with us! Please contact our Operations Director, Payal Patel, and we'll get back in touch with you about current opportunities: email@example.com.
Some of the things volunteers have done with Ella Baker Center:
- Raised awareness of our organization by tabling and doing community outreach
- Advocated for reinvestment in community programs and resources
- Brought success to our bigger events including Night Out for Safety and Liberation and the Oakland Running Festival
- Collected surveys on how mass incarceration negatively effects families
- Mobilized at county meetings to protest jail expansions and increased funding for policing
- Contributed blog posts to Ella's Voice, the blog of the Ella Baker Center
- Community organizing